Sisterhood has been a core staple of Temple Kol Ami for more than 40 years. By offering a myriad of award-winning programs, we appeal to women of all ages and with varying interests. We have close ties to our Temple, our community, and to the greater WRJ (Women of Reform Judaism) platform.
We invite you to join us in Temple Kol Ami Sisterhood!
We have fun and interesting events all year long:
- Providing Honey Cakes for Rosh Hashanah
- Hanukkah Party
- Tu B’Shevat Seder
- Women’s Passover Seder
- Sisterhood Shabbat
- Rosh Chodesh Service
- Sisterhood Study Group
- Hosting speakers on timely topics
Social Action & Giving
- Collecting household items for Jewish Family Service of Metro Detroit as well as purchasing Hanukkah gifts for JFS families
- Participating in Temple’s Mitzvah Day
- Helped fund Temple’s updated kitchen
- Twice monthly Schmooze Hours to connect with our Sisterhood members
- Helping to sponsor an author at the Jewish Book Fair
- Jewish Family Services of Metropolitan Detroit (2020-2021)
- Sisterhood members volunteering with Temple’s Community Food Project
- Sisterhood members assisting at Yad Ezra’s food pantry, delivering food
Temple Kol Ami’s Sisterhood was honored on the Roll of Special Merit from Women of Reform Judaism for contributions to the 2019-2020 YES Fund.
Need a Sisterhood Reimbursement form? Please download it and return it to the Sisterhood Treasurer.